Monday, May 6, 2013

Murder Collection Vol.1 Review

                                                   Murder Collection Vol. 1 Review

The Murder Collection Vol.1 is a film directed by one of my all time favorite directors the legendary Fred Vogel. The film is basically a bunch of random scenes of death and violence compiled into one movie. It's almost a social commentary on how society is obsessed with violent things such as mondo films and snuff movies. They are all random stories of murders, fights, autopsies. Featuring very realistic special effects and Camera work that would make it seem real and not a professionally filmed movie.
I really like The Murder Collection Vol. 1 I thought it was a pretty good horror film. Although I do think it gets a little boring after a while. The main problem with the movie is there is basically no plot and it's just a bunch of people getting murdered. Almost like a gore effect real for a special effect company. Don't get me wrong the special effects in this movie are absolutely flawless. Especially in the autopsy scene it looks extremely realistic. My only problem with that though is that is was basically just ten minutes of an autopsy. Which after a while gets kind of boring.

I didn't really know what to expect going into the movie but I have to say I wasn't really impressed or surprised by anything in the movie. After a while it was almost painful to watch because some of the scenes can last up to twenty minutes and you just want it to stop. The ones that really are the key scenes , the truly memorable  scenes include the autopsy and the lover one. Sure there are a few others that were good but none that really stand out.


Overall if your into special effect make up and thats your thing seek this film out. It's basically an effect real. The toe tag team always out do themselves with special effects they always look realistic and fantastic. But if you like a story I would stay away from this one. I would give it a 4/10, it's worth watching for the effects but without plot there is no point. Maybe there will be a volume two to prove me wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment